The California Native Garden in Lake Cunningham Regional Park, 2305 S. White Rd, San Jose, welcomes volunteers to help with invasive plant removal, mulching, planting, and watering. Workdays are Saturdays 8am to 10am. This volunteer opportunity is in an outdoor setting with a view of the lake, the garden, and wildlife. It is a good opportunity for high schoolers or individuals looking for community service volunteer hours. To volunteer, RSVP via meetup.com link below. Look for events titled “Habitat Restoration @ Lake Cunningham”.
Bring this signed Waiver Form to the event.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, volunteering activities include safety training and procedures. All volunteers must comply.
- All volunteers must complete and bring the new 2021 Volunteer Service Agreement on their first workday.
- All volunteers must attend a safety training at the start of each workday.
Volunteers are required to observe the following:
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
- No sharing of tools or equipment — volunteer must bring their own gloves, weeding tool, and bucket (to carry weeds).
- Wear a face covering.
- Wear gloves.
- Social Distancing applies: keep at least 6 feet away from others.
- Those who have it, wear your volunteer vest so everyone knows you are a City of San Jose volunteer!
- If you cough or sneeze, use a tissue and throw it away.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash your hands when you get home.
If you are comfortable volunteering at the park, your help is welcome.
Health guidelines advise those over 50 years of age to stay home, as well as those with underlying health conditions.
It is important for you to understand the risks. If you prefer to not volunteer quite yet, that is just fine!
Be well, stay well.