Due to the ongoing covid-19 issue, volunteering activities have been curtailed. Group volunteering has been discontinued.
Individual volunteers are permitted after May 5, 2020 under these new guidelines:
- All volunteers must complete and email to Mollie Tobias of the city’s Volunteer Management Unit the new 2020 Volunteer Status & Waiver Agreement.
- All volunteers must attend a live, on-line training, on Monday, May 4, 2020, 5:30-6:30 PM. Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/covid-19-health-safety-considerations-for-volunteers-tickets-104080822542
If you cannot attend the live training May 4, 2020, you will receive in-person training at the volunteer workday you attend.
Volunteers are required to observe the following guidelines:
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
- Social Distancing applies: keep at least 6 feet away from others.
- No sharing of tools or equipment — volunteer must bring their own gloves, weeding tool, bucket, knee pad.
- Wear a face covering.
- Wear gloves.
- Wear your volunteer vest (if you have one) so everyone knows you are a City of San Jose volunteer!
- If you cough or sneeze, use a tissue and throw it away.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash your hands when you get home.
If you are comfortable volunteering at the park, we are excited to have your assistance. Please note the City of San Jose is unable to offer Workman’s Compensation coverage for volunteers at this time. Also, health guidelines now advise those over 50 years of age to stay home, as well as those with underlying health conditions. It is important for you to understand the risks. If you prefer to not volunteer quite yet, that is just fine! Be well, stay well.